25 November 2009

In Everything Give Thanks

"... in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
~1 Thessalonians 5:18


I lay on my bed this morning, all my joints screaming in pain, especially my knee and my ankle. More missed work. More doctor's appointments to anticipate and more medications. Back to my walker and having my daughters do everything... and all this just before Thanksgiving!

The host on my favorite Christian radio station was talking about being able to give thanks in all circumstances:

"So a thankful life, thankful lips, the attitude of gratitude, is an evidence that I am filled with the Holy Spirit. Are you filled with the Spirit today? How can you know? Well, one way you can know is, are you thankful?"

"NO," I responded defiantly, to the voice coming from the radio.

"Are you walking in an attitude of gratitude today? If so, that’s an evidence that you’re being filled with the Spirit of God."

"I can't WALK in an attitude of gratitude - because I can't even WALK!!"

I laughed at myself.

Then, I seriously began to count my blessings;
  • I was in a warm apartment
  • I have a boss who told me not to worry about the sick time, just rest and get well;
  • I have my 2 daughters living with me who were able to pick up meds for me and help me;
  • I have medical insurance and a good doctor.
  • and on and on....

The Lord has a way of helping me put things in perspective!
... and yes, I am very thankful!
<><



1 comments:

Relyn Lawson said...

I was so glad you stopped by my blog and gave me a chance to come by and meet you. Hello, friend. How wise you are to count your blessings even in the struggling times. Feel better soon.