05 December 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness Day #3

"Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,  And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name."
~Psalm 100:4


DAY #3


I am thankful for the freedom of Worship.

I had a wonderful worship and praise time at church today.  From the brisk walk to church, to the sweet prayer time and diving into God's Word with my Sunday School class,  the Children's Choir, the Praise Team, Pastor's message and generally being in the presence of my church family as we worshiped Jesus Christ as LORD gives me much cause  to be thankful for that freedom.


An international publication - "Voice of the Martyrs" cited there were more Christians persecuted for their faith in the 20th Century than the past 2000 years combined since Christ walked the earth. On a Sunday such as this, there are many, many Christians who are forced to worship Jesus in secret.  Being "discovered" with even the possession of a Bible can, and does, result in everything from ostracization from family, bodily harm, arrest and imprisonment, loss of job, home and even loss of life.  Fellow believers meet "underground" in Iraq, Iran, China, Indonesia, Turkey, India, and many, many other places.


I am very thankful for the freedom of religion this country affords, that I can own many Bibles and attend church and speak the name of Christ without fear.

Lord, help me to appreciate the freedoms I've been given and the opportunities to worship all Your works  and Your name. That I am allowed to approach Your throne at any time and You are alway available to me. Never let me take that for granted.  Also, keep a burden on my heart to pray for fellow believers around the world who make up the "Church" -universal who are being persecuted. 

1 comments:

Sharon said...

Amen! Awesome post, SO GLAD YOUR BACK!!! This has been on my mind also. I have a friend that has been working in Arabia. She say's exactly what you are describing. May we never forget how fortunate we have it. The reason our ancestors came to America in the first place. Freedom of Worship. Such a blessing in our lives. Have a wonderful Christmas Season. Love ya, Sharon