17 December 2009

Christmas Wishes

Have a Restful Christmas!

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

~ Matthew 11:28





This one of my favorite ornaments.  I can just gaze at this sleepy little angel and it fills me with such JOY! In the midst of all the Christmas hustle and bustle, how sweet it is to just... REST!  Because of my illnesses the past 2 months I am so far behind, I've decided not to even TRY to catch up.  Decorating is done a little here and there as I'm able, and - oh, yeah, I'm still working on my Christmas letter.  I'm not involved in any Christmas programs this year - except as a audience member.  ... And due to a mishap with my sick leave at work, my paycheck was just about half of what it should have been, so, guess what!  No Christmas shopping for me!

And I am SO joyful despite it all!  I am resolved that Christmas will be a little different this year (we haven't really had any snow yet  ---  weird!).  And instead of running myself ragged, I am going to REST in the Lord and really take time to enjoy the season.





I love putting up the Christmas Tree!  We finished ours last week, (it took an entire week to do so)  and I'll tell you - I do have a lot of ornaments!  I'm of the opinion that one can't have too many ornaments! Every time I thought we were done decorating, someone would find yet another box of ornaments.  I enjoy looking at the lighted tree in the dark.  Each ornament has a special meaning for me.  Ornaments that were made for me, those I obtained on my travels, and my ever growing collection of angels.

Here's wishing you the PEACE that surpasses all understanding during this Christmas season!!

0 comments: