05 December 2009

Advent - The Prophecy candle

Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.  
~ Isaiah 7:14

Last weekend began the first week of Advent. This first week, we ponder the PROPHECY of Christ's birth.

I love this time of year.  There are so many things that I would like to note here, but time is at a premium, it seems! I returned to work a couple of days ago, so I imagine my posts may not be as frequent as I'd like - (but, I'll try!) Meanwhile, I have some catching up to do.

Two weeks ago, in between illnesses, I attended a scrapbook weekend retreat. I thought I'd share a few of the pages I completed during that retreat. For those of you who are not familier with scrapbooking, a weekend retreat is where a host (in this case my long time friend and Creative Memories Consultant) arranges a weekend at an inn or hotel and the conference room or ballroom of the facility is set up for 30 - 50 women (occassionally a man or 2). For one price, each participant gets a generous space at a table, most, if not all meals provided, games, prizes and a room for the weekend.

I'm so far behind in my scrapbooking that I am still working on a scrapbook of my trip to Israel in 2006. Here are some of those pages;

Here's spread of my visit to Bethlehem.



Here are some other places of interest;





2 comments:

christina said...

Hi beautiful!
Your pages look just wonderful! And those photos are glorious!
xo

Relyn Lawson said...

What a wonderful trip you enjoyed. And, what gorgeous pages you created to commemorate it with.